Saturday, June 12, 2010

It's England vs USA In The World Cup


So the Football (sorry, Soccer) World Cup is ON! And things are VERY exciting in this country of mine. Football (sorry, Soccer) teams from 32 countries from all over the world are here & football (sorry, soccer) fever is rife. So why should you care, you ask yourself. Well, when I heard that the USA is playing England today, it inspired me to do this post. I will tell you this up front, though. As much as I love my American Twilighty friends, I REALLY want England to win the World Cup, so that's who is getting my support today. Sorry. But I promise to make this post worth your while. I was even googling the USA Soccer (see, I got it right) Team & some of them are damn fine specimens. See for yourselves...
Carlos Bocanegra (He's so hot, you get two pics of him)
Benny Feilhaber & Landon Donovan
Team USA
England Football Team
This is an older pic of the Enland Team, but I wanted to use it since it's got my two fave players in it. David Beckham (front row, second from left) and Gary Neville (front row, centre). Some of these players will still be in the team tonight, though. So tell me, have you realized why football (sorry, soccer) is a great game to watch? BTW, I'm just going to say it... the rest of the world calls this game FOOTBALL, because it is played with the feet. Using your hands is illegal, hence the name football. Just saying. OK, moving on... I am now going to play you a song. The last time England won the World Cup was in 1966... it would be f*cking amazing if they could do it again this year! This is the 2010 version of the song by the Lightning Seeds that originally came out as England's official song for the Euro '96 Football tournament held in England. This version features Robbie Williams & Russell Brand. Everybody sing! "It's coming home, it's coming home, it's coming, football's coming home."


And now some Twilight stuff since that's what you come here for, I suppose. Now how about a little Twilight version of the England vs USA match tonight? In the England corner, we have the rather edible Robert Pattinson and in the USA corner, we have the delicious Jackson Rathbone. Smiley pics first...
Photobucket

Now smouldering...

GAH! I can't decide... I'll have to call this one a draw. But England better win the football!

As you may or may not have noticed, most of my very favorite music is English. From The Beatles to Oasis to Take That (yes, I said it... TAKE THAT - the very best boy band EVER! Truth!). America may have had NKOTB & Backstreet Boys & N*Sync, but Gary Barlow's songs made Take That a force to be reckoned with and they will always hold a special place in my heart. And yes, I know it's not cool to like boy bands anymore, but we were young and they were pretty & they sang and danced nicely for us. What's not to love? Listening to this makes me feel young again... before we all realized what a shit-storm life can be.

Take That - Everything Changes (1993) (Robbie Williams on vocals)

Take That - Shine (2006) (Mark Owen on vocals)


The greatest gift to the music world (or the world in general, for that matter) to ever come out of England...
The Beatles - Don't Bother Me
The Beatles - I've Just Seen A Face
The Beatles - Should Have Know Better

The Beatles - Happy Just To Dance With You

The Beatles - You've Got To Hide Your Love Away


And now to finish, a few yummy Jackson interview videos & a couple of Eclipse previews showing our favorite family, the Cullen's. Enjoy!










So much of exciting! Why isn't June 30th here yet?!

Eclipse B-Roll (Behind The Scenes Footage)

And one last time, COME ON ENGLAND!

1 comment:

Bouncy72 said...

Wow, nice. Thanks for all of that bb :)