Saturday, May 29, 2010

I've Booked My First Tickets For Eclipse - Have You?

 

I'm SO excited! Last night, I booked my first tickets for Eclipse online. I say "first tickets" because I will definitely be seeing it more than once (or twice... or thrice, for that matter) on the big screen. And what is even more exciting, is that I'm going to the 9:00 am show on June 30! Initially the release date for Eclipse in South Africa was July 7, but when I was checking the bookings on the Nu Metro site last night, much to my delight, there it was... June 30! On Monday when I get to work, the first thing I'm doing is putting in a Leave Form for that day. I can't WAIT! I'm even considering getting myself a t-shirt printed that says Team Jasper. No, you can't buy those here, so you have to get it done yourself. Sad, but true.

So tell me, have you booked your tickets yet? What are you most excited about seeing? Besides the Major on a horse, natch. Part of the reason that I'm going to see it more than once is because I suspect that I will not see much besides Jacksper on my first go around. Mmmmm... Jacksper... *stares off into space, drooling like Homer Simpson when he thinks of Duff beer* Sorry, I'm back. Speaking of Jacksper, I've been meaning to say this for a very long time now & I keep forgetting. I remember reading once on some random Twilight blog somewhere, that the person disagreed with people using names like Jacksper or Robward for the actors, saying that it confused the issue and took the actor's identity or individuality away or some such shit. Now, first of all, if it weren't for them playing these characters in the Twilight Saga, I wouldn't know who the eff they were and wouldn't really care either. Sorry, but there it is. It is because of the characters they portray, that I wanted to know more about the actors themselves. Hence the Team Jacksper name, because I love Jasper & I love Jackson... get it? Of course you do! And it sounds WAY better than Team Manwhore! Second of all, it's just an effing nickname! If you can't differentiate, there is something wrong & perhaps you should consult a doctor, or go back to school & ask your teacher for a refund. I don't know about the rest of you, but if I saw Robert Pattinson or Jackson Rathbone walking down the street, I would not seriously think it was Edward or Jasper and go up to them & ask what level of sunblock they are wearing, since they aren't sparkling in the sunlight. Just saying. Anyway, glad I got that off my chest. Sorry for the rant.

And now, some pictures to get you in the mood... for Eclipse, that is...
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

Bouncy72 said...

*giddy laugh* Yup I've had my ticket for about a month now.
Lol, want to hear a sad story...?
*grin*
I'm doing a 2 hr drive to the capital where they are showing Twilight, New Moon & then at the premiere time over here, of 12:01am 1st July ...woop woop.
So I'm expecting it to finish around 2:30am & then I have to drive the 2hrs back.
Um did I mention I'm doing all this alone...*grin*
Anyone else out there with a sad obbsession story?? *wink*

btw the UK is getting it at a ridiculous time after us...I CAN NOT understand why they don't just release it worldwide at the same time...heck If we can see it at midnight, other ppl can watch it at random times too

Cullen818 said...

I've got my tickets too, TwiCarol. And I swear I'm going to see Jasper, well mostly. lol

Last time I went to the midnight show, but it was crazy hectic, so this time I'm going on the 30th at 7:30 pm, so that means with our time differences, you'll see it before me this time. So, you'll chat me up and give me details, right?


And, stop teasing me with that picture of Jasper! I know, I can't have a banner until I write a story. Sigh...

Anonymous said...

Gotta admit I was disappointed with New Moon. Yeah, yeah the movied was good. But it left me wanting something with more Jasper & Emmett. So excited about Eclipse.

Clurra said...

Haven't got mine yet *gasp* but I will be v. v. soon -- it doesn't come out here for a few weeks until after the US, so I'm a little behind.

I'm hoping to go see it in London, with the lovely @Thumpa_ :)

Love Clurrabella

Bouncy72 said...

Lol Clurrabella, that's shocking hon!
I take it you're in the UK?
I've got a mate that booked some pre realease tickets for the 7th, but those will probably all be gone now.

Less than a month now *squeals & bounces up & down on chair*